Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

BOW #15 Fox and Geese

Fox and Geese is just a fun block.  I confess that I haven't made a quilt with Fox and Geese, aside from the icon quilt, but I have seen quilts made with it and because it's directional it would be a lot of fun to design with it.

It has a Native American feel to the design, especially if you do it in two colors (red and beige) and arrange it in concentric squares (actually, I don't think squares can be concentric, but you know what I mean)--it reminds me of a Navajo weaving.

It would also be beautiful in scraps with different arrangement of the blocks.  I always think about fall colors, even when it isn't fall (doesn't it look like leaves that are falling on top of each other) but this would be a charming spring quilt in pastel colors.

It's easy to make, using squares and those ubiquitous Half Square Triangles.  For a 12" finished block you'll need:
(2) 6-1/2" half square triangles, light/dark
(4) 3-1/2" half square triangles, light/dark
(4) 3-1/2" light squares

No comments:

Post a Comment